Being Active Includes Lots of Things
Shopping, standing, walking the dog, playing with grandkids, yoga, hiking, biking, doing chores, gardening, getting together with friends, playing games, cooking, having hobbies, etc. What are you doing well already? Are there any small steps you’d like to consider taking to be more active?
Photo courtesy of Jody Whiting
- What are the recommended activity guidelines?
- Start with a very small step… learn how to do it here
- Interested in starting a walking program?
- Enjoy the outdoors? The Appalachian Mountain Club has resources and programs for all levels and interests.
- Would you like to learn what is working for other people like you? Check out these real life success stories.
- Is a disability keeping you from a sport you love? www.adaptivesportspartners.org
- Town Recreation Departments and regional recreation centers are not just for kids- Check out what’s available through your town website, the local chamber of commerce, or the NH Park and Recreation or the Vermont Park and Recreation websites.
* Consult your Medical Provider before starting a new exercise program
“Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.”