Fall into some good eats this season…
Fall is all about pumpkins, apples, spice, and getting creative with all those squashes and zucchinis you’ve harvested or inherited from your neighbor! Warm soups and comfort foods are also a must as the days get longer and brisker. Get with the season of good eating and try one of our featured healthy recipes today!
- 30-minute Minestrone soup (that rivals a popular restaurant chain’s!)
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- Ground Beef and Chopped Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Black Beans and Spinach
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Tuscan Kale Caesar Slaw
Still wondering what to do with spaghetti squash??
Check these out –>
Is your kid the pickiest of picky eaters?
Give this a try –>
For something sweet and spicy:
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Whole-grain Pancakes with Warm Apple Topping
- Apple Pie Blondies with Brown Sugar Frosting
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding (dairy free!)
Nutrition and healthy eating resources:
- Do you find it difficult to eat healthy on a budget? Check out this website for tips: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/healthy-eating-on-budget.html
- Interested in the latest nutrition research?
- Looking for healthy recipes that won’t break your bank account?
- Need help finding food benefits or a food pantry close to you?
- Supertracker can help you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity.
- Interested in dietary guidelines? www.choosemyplate.gov
- Do you know how to read a nutrition label?
- What do all those ingredients really mean?
- Trying to sort out what way of eating is best for you? Check out these different types of diets.
- Find a Farmer’s Market near you: http://www.nhfma.org/
- Interested in healthy food programs and food policy efforts in NH?
- Explore these Apps to help you avoid GMOs and pesticides
- Check out pages 5-15 of the North Country Wellness and Community Resource Guide for information and local nutritionist resources.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.”