The winter chill calls for comfort foods…
Nothing beats the bone-chilling temperatures of a New England winter like cozy comfort foods that radiate warmth from the inside out. Think: savory soups, hearty stews, and piping hot one-pot meals. But ‘comfort’ doesn’t have to mean unhealthy or complicated. The following collections of recipes are both nutritious and easy to make. Follow the links to check them out and pick some out to try for any meal of the day!
What you make for dinner can be the next day’s lunch too!
- 10 Quick and Healthy Freezer to Slow Cooker Meals (no prep cooking needed!)
- 53 Healthy One-Pot Meals (for less time cleaning, and more time eating!)
Nutrition and healthy eating resources:
- Do you find it difficult to eat healthy on a budget? Check out this website for tips: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/healthy-eating-on-budget.html
- Interested in the latest nutrition research?
- Looking for healthy recipes that won’t break your bank account?
- Need help finding food benefits or a food pantry close to you?
- Supertracker can help you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity.
- Interested in dietary guidelines? www.choosemyplate.gov
- Do you know how to read a nutrition label?
- What do all those ingredients really mean?
- Trying to sort out what way of eating is best for you? Check out these different types of diets.
- Find a Farmer’s Market near you: http://www.nhfma.org/
- Interested in healthy food programs and food policy efforts in NH?
- Explore these Apps to help you avoid GMOs and pesticides
- Check out pages 5-15 of the North Country Wellness and Community Resource Guide for information and local nutritionist resources.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.”