Spring flavors have sprung!
As the weather warms to spring and into summer, cravings turn to grilled foods, fresh salads, and cool treats. Farmers’ markets opening also means access to fresh, local ingredients, like asparagus and fiddleheads, to feature in a main course, or as an easy side dish. Need some inspiration to get you started?
Try one of these recipes today!
Nutrition and healthy eating resources:
- Do you find it difficult to eat healthy on a budget? Check out this website for tips: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/healthy-eating-on-budget.html
- Interested in the latest nutrition research?
- Looking for healthy recipes that won’t break your bank account?
- Need help finding food benefits or a food pantry close to you?
- Supertracker can help you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity.
- Interested in dietary guidelines? www.choosemyplate.gov
- Do you know how to read a nutrition label?
- What do all those ingredients really mean?
- Trying to sort out what way of eating is best for you? Check out these different types of diets.
- Find a Farmer’s Market near you: http://www.nhfma.org/
- Interested in healthy food programs and food policy efforts in NH?
- Explore these Apps to help you avoid GMOs and pesticides
- Check out pages 5-15 of the North Country Wellness and Community Resource Guide for information and local nutritionist resources.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.”