Being Active Includes Lots of Things
Shopping, standing, walking the dog, playing with grandkids, yoga, hiking, biking, doing chores, gardening, getting together with friends, playing games, cooking, having hobbies, etc. What are you doing well already? Are there any small steps you’d like to consider taking to be more active?
- What are the recommended activity guidelines?
- Start with a very small step… learn how to do it here
- Don’t like sports? Everyday activities count! Check out this chart to see how much you are already doing- then add a few more steps.
- Interested in starting a walking program?
- Supertracker can help you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity.
- Enjoy the outdoors? The Appalachian Mountain Club has resources and programs for all levels and interests.
- Resources for the whole family: letsmove.gov
- Would you like to learn what is working for other people like you? Check out these real life success stories.
- Is a disability keeping you from a sport you love? www.adaptivesportspartners.org
- Town Recreation Departments and regional recreation centers are not just for kids- Check out what’s available through your town website, the local chamber of commerce, or the NH Park and Recreation or the Vermont Park and Recreation websites.
- Do you want to learn what is available nearby to help you be active? Check out the North Country Wellness and Community Resource Guide.
“Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.”